VCS Interfaces, round 3

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:17:40 UTC 2007

2007/5/4, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 04.05.07 09:00:40, dukju ahn wrote:
> > Detailed operations of plugins should be reserved to each plugin,
> > to keep the maximal flexibility each Vcs systems offer.
>
> I disagree. Commit() can easily commit everything within that directory
> as it will also take a commit message. If I call
> commit("/home/andreas/KDE-work/4.0/kdevelop/buildtools/managers/qmake","Applied
> Patch to make QMake Manager follow users mind") in a script thats what I
> want, commit everything in that dir. commit() and log() shouldn't open a
> GUI at all, thats what showLog() and showCommit() are for.

I understand. But then there is no way to specify every detailed options
each Vcs's provide. For example, subversion takes 2~3 extra flags
that are very useful (such as limit the number of log, don't show before
branching point..etc). These flags are unique in subversion but other
Vcs's such as CVS/perforce may have their own unique options.
Then How can we specify these options? Do we just discard them?