VCS Interfaces, round 3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 4 13:33:34 UTC 2007

On 04.05.07 09:00:40, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/5/3, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org>:
> > I missed a few things, so I have some questions.
> >
> > Why do we have log, and showLog?
>
> Plus one, I don't agree to have showCommit. showCommit()
> invokes commit log message input. But in case of SVN, when we choose
> a directory to be committed, we can select and deselect
> which sub-files in that directory to commit. (See the KDev3.4's svn commit
> dialog). Detailed operations of plugins should be reserved to each plugin,
> to keep the maximal flexibility each Vcs systems offer.

I disagree. Commit() can easily commit everything within that directory
as it will also take a commit message. If I call
commit("/home/andreas/KDE-work/4.0/kdevelop/buildtools/managers/qmake","Applied
Patch to make QMake Manager follow users mind") in a script thats what I
want, commit everything in that dir. commit() and log() shouldn't open a
GUI at all, thats what showLog() and showCommit() are for.

Your lucky number is 3552664958674928.  Watch for it everywhere.