Signals in the api and the KDevelop:: namespace

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 4 10:43:40 UTC 2007

On 04.05.07 10:55:53, David Nolden wrote:
> I've noticed that in iprojectcontroller.h the signals have KDevelop:: prefixed
> in the argument-types:
> void projectOpened( KDevelop::IProject* )
>
> While in idocumentcontroller.h the signals look like this:
> void documentActivated( IDocument* document )

The signals in those two files don't mean anything at all, as the
classes are not derived from QObject. Its just a hint to the developer
that the implementation will have these signals.

> Since Qt does only do string-matching when connecting signals, these should be
> unified. Either always with KDevelop::, or never.

Agreed, so which one do we take? I think including the namespace is a
bit better to clarify where the argument comes from.

Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.