UI-Idea for KDev4: Working-File-Baskets

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 3 19:00:35 UTC 2007

Kris Wong wrote:
> I like this idea as well (although for non-VCS related reasons).  I
> think it would be very useful for editing a large number of files at
> once that have logical groupings.  It would help to easily "switch"
> between which files are currently opened for editing.

Switch between open files? That would be a *godsend*. :-)

Working on a big production product I often run into 'I am working on
feature X, and must stop to look at customer issue Y, but /while/ I'm
doing that I have to implement feature Z for some other customer'. Each
of those requires a different set of files (often easily a dozen) open.
Being able to switch between open file sets would be *wonderful*. :-)
Right now I just try to keep multiple KDevelop's open.

--
Matthew
Disadvantage: Bad Puns [-5]