Subversion's Diff to Head broken

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 2 19:01:12 UTC 2007

On 02.05.07 12:59:12, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On May 2, 2007, at 12:14 PM, dukju ahn wrote:
> >>
> >> I know, but techbase says that in case of errors in string, change
> >> can be made.
> >> The current menu text is error.
> >> After all, what is diff to HEAD? Is it BASE or WORKING
> >> that is to be compared with HEAD? User can't know the correct
> >> meaning, and
> >> even I am confused somtimes.
> >>
> >> It would be better to have untranslated message than make users
> >> get confused.
> >
> > And still we have more than 10 days before releasing. The changes are
> > not that big.
>
> It does not matter that we still have 10 days before releasing. 10
> days is not really that much time when you consider that most people
> spend less than an hour per day on KDE activities on average.

Especially if you think about the fact that KDevelop3.4 introduced about
1000 new or fuzzy strings (IIRC) when it was moved to the 3.5 branch. I
doubt that we'll have full translations for more than a few languages
and thus we should try to put as little load on our translators as
possible. We surely don't want to loose translators because we
developers don't seem to care about their work.

If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.