[OT] plugins and QDockWidget

Sat Mar 24 21:44:32 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 Mar 2007 IST, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> For the situation I described (with embedded designer) we'd need to do
> this: - when designer part is opened, the designer plugin adds a toolview
> factory for this part
> - kdevelop immediatelly shows the toolviews because this is how it is
>   currently done in UiController (the one in the shell application)

Perhaps i need to look into the ToolviewFactory API to understand better.
Going by what i have seen as a kdev3 user, each plugin has at most one
toolview. Something like designer would require more than one toolview. In
kdev4, thanks to the factory approach, there can be more than one toolview
for a plugin but as i understand, the creation of the second toolview is
user invoked and not a decision made by the plugin itself. Furthermore it
is assumed that the toolview would be similar each time created. Taking the
designer example again, which toolview is to be created? The signal/slot
toolview or the properties view or the toolbox view? Correct me if i am off
the track.

> PS: currently UiController in KDevelop does not expose hiding/showing the
> toolviews for plugins. But that's easy to implement.

A good addition? :-)
--
Cheers!
kitts