[OT] plugins and QDockWidget

Sat Mar 24 17:46:53 UTC 2007

Sorry about annoying any of you with this off-topic post.. ;-)

I was wondering how kdevelop's embedded designer maintained dockwidgets? As
i know only mainwindows can dock widgets. The only way i see it possible is
that designer maintains a mainwindow which is embedded into the kdevelop's
central tabwidget!?

On the otherhand if kdevelop used qt4 dockwidgets for its tools interface
then would it be possible that when a designer (a plugin?) file tab is
opened that its own dock widgets merge with the other kdevelop dockwidgets
and then automatically disappear on tab switch?

I think for that to be possible, kdevelop's mainwindow should be the owner
of the dockwidget and designer should be informed that it has lost focus.
It then should hide all its own dockwidgets? Right?

I am not suggesting anything for kdevelop, i am interested in knowing
architecturally for my own application.
--
Cheers!
kitts