[KDev4] VCS interfaces draft

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Mar 23 13:22:48 UTC 2007

On 23.03.07 05:52:56, dukju ahn wrote:
> >> I'd say lib/interfaces
>
> >Uhm, you sure? Until now it doesn't contain any extension interfaces, so
> >I guess its rather plugins/vcs/interfaces (and later have vcs/cvs and
> >vcs/svn with the 2 default implementations).
>
> But that's strange. To my understanding so far, extention interface
> header files(*.h) should be included at some other components.
> For example, ioutputview.h is included in qmakebuilder.cpp
> Then the build system should keep track of every dispersed
> directories where extention interfaces reside.
> Why don't we consolidate every extentions into one directory?
> lib/interfaces or lib/extentions seem to be good

Because then you've got a "huge" pile of extension interfaces for
various types of things. At the moment we keep the interfaces together
with the plugins, thats why we have outputview/interfaces,
project/interfaces and so on. Thats just easier to manage, IMHO.

> >>From more major modifications, I'd say that the interface is not enough.
> >What if we have more methods in IVersionControl? Something
> >along these lines:
>
> >bool commit(KUrl::List &);
> >bool add(KUrl::List &);
> >bool remove(KUrl::List &);
> >etc.
>
> I don't feel the need of these user-invoked action interfaces.

Are they always user-invoked? We're thinking about allowing people to
write scripts using Kross and there they might want to use these
methods, at least add/remove do make sense to me. (not with that
parameter list though).

You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets wrinkled.