[KDev4] VCS interfaces draft

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Fri Mar 23 13:29:31 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 14:52, dukju ahn wrote:
> But that's strange. To my understanding so far, extention interface
> header files(*.h) should be included at some other components.
> For example, ioutputview.h is included in qmakebuilder.cpp
> Then the build system should keep track of every dispersed
> directories where extention interfaces reside.
> Why don't we consolidate every extentions into one directory?
> lib/interfaces or lib/extentions seem to be good
The point is that each plugin can define an extension interface
and we certainly don't have to have them all in one place.
Therefore we keep extension interfaces as close to their plugins as
possible.

> Also for Alexander's comment
>
> >From more major modifications, I'd say that the interface is not enough.
> >What if we have more methods in IVersionControl? Something
> >along these lines:
> >
> >bool commit(KUrl::List &);
>
> I don't feel the need of these user-invoked action interfaces.
> The only case these commit/add actions start is via menubar or context
> menu. I personaly think that these context menu should be filled out
> by each plugin. So other component can forget about other actions.
> Rather, IVersionControl::fillContextMenu(KUrl&, QMenu&) seems
> to be appropriate.

I understand that, but I'd like to have some scripting via QtScript so
that not only plugins with popup menus but also scripts could use
the vcs functionality. For example, one might write a script alike
svnmerge.py but with user interaction in kdevelop.

Also there're appwizard needs. Basically, to create a project in repository,
appwizard needs to add files there and fetch them back.
Maybe there will be need for committing.