How to get a pointer for mainwindow?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 12 12:19:41 UTC 2007

On 12.03.07 13:36:54, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Monday 12 March 2007 09:55, dukju ahn wrote:
> > Plugins can have access to ICore, and through ICore, IUiController
> > can be accessed. But activeMainWindow() or defaultMainWindow()
> > only exist in UiController, which the plugins does not have access.z
> >
> Yes, those methods are not exposed in IUiController. Could you please
> tell me why do you need mainwindows so we can decide whether to
> expose that stuff or not.

The only occassion where I could imagine a mainwindow handle would be
good is when a part wants to popup a message box of some sort. That way
the message box could be mainwindow-modal instead of application-modal.
Not sure if that really is needed though.

> > I looked up the KDevelop3 source code. At kdev3, ICore(KDevCore) emits
> > contextMenu signal. Does the framework API is changed?
> Context menu stuff in kdev4 doesn't work at all now. The old one wasn't that
> bad, but some people were thinking about having the new one.
> IIRC there was an idea to allow plugins to just add actions to the popup menu
> instead of connecting to the context menu signal. But I don't know much
> about that too.

Hmm, we probably should sort this out soon, as currently I'm thinking we
may be ready to split out the platform in a few weeks...

You have taken yourself too seriously.