Breakpoints stealing focus when new line added

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Thu Mar 1 23:48:21 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 00.35.18 Nick Savoiu wrote:
> Sometimes when breakpoints are set and one presses ENTER in the editor
> window (especially while debugging) the editor window loses focus. My hunch
> was that breakpoints steal the focus as they get updated (to account for
> line number changes).
>
> I think there was an attempt to fix this right before 3.4 but there were
> some issues. I don't recall if they were solved.
>
> Nick

Priceless. So now we have both the original bug and the side effect of the
workaround reported at the same time?

Nick, did you by any chance update to Qt-3.3.8?

I don't think there is anything left we can do about this bug except port the
breakpoints widget away from the QTable it currently uses. The root cause of
this problem is a bug in QTable where it sometimes steals focus when elements
are changed in it.

// jens