KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Jun 28 09:25:50 UTC 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> In order to do this please use existing cmake projects as test cases:
> Paraview, kdelibs, Chicken Scheme, Boost, OpenWengo

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to say on this list, but Boost is not a cmake
project. It can be said as "cmake project" when:
1. There's full-blown cmake support, which to my knowledge does not exist.
2. A decision to switch to cmake is made, which to my knowledge was not
made, and is rather controversial.

By including Boost in your list of "cmake projects", you make it sound
like cmake is official build system of Boost (like it is for kdelibs),
which is wrong, and I'd appreciate either a more accurate wording, or
not mentioning Boost at all.

Sorry for the rant,
Volodya