KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jun 28 04:47:10 UTC 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007 00:09, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2007, at 9:44 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > You have to implement at least among others:
> > include()
> > include_directories()
> > macro/endmacro()
> > if/endif/foreach/endfroreach/while/endwhile
> > env[] syntax
> > execute_process
> > exec_program
> > find_package
> > find_path, find_file, find_library, find_program
> > string(...)
> > file(...)
> > set_[target/directory/sourcefiles]_properties
> > get_[target/directory/sourcefiles]_property

Just that I don't misunderstand, are you going to reimplement all that or just
ignore it ?

> what, I've accepted the current reality and my inability to change
> it, so you should also accept the current reality and your inability
> to change it. Yeah, parts of CMake are being re-implemented. I'm sure
> it'll turn out just fine and we'll all be happier in the long run

In order to do this please use existing cmake projects as test cases:
Paraview, kdelibs, Chicken Scheme, Boost, OpenWengo

> because I did it this way, since people won't have to spend so much
> time editing CMakeLists.txt files.

If they don't spend time thinking about the buildsystem it just won't be
portable. If it won't be portable having a simple project type which will
just work and also not be portable is just as good.

Alex