KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 14:12:04 UTC 2007

On 26.06.07 15:43:45, David Nolden wrote:
> So it's less error-prone, because there is not an additional parser that can
> fail, which btw. does not exist at the moment. The good thing about a parser
> would be that it doesn't check dependencies etc so could be much faster.

There already is a Makefile parser in KDevelop4's custom makefile
manager. Although its only use is fetching targets from a Makefile.

> We will see whether someone creates a Makefile-parser that delivers similar
> results. If someone does, we can drop the include-path-resolver, or change it
> so it incorporates the makefile-parser.

Sure. I completely agree. In case nobody noticed: I wasn't expecting you
or Kris to drop that thing right away, I know you need that to make
duchain/code-completion/.... work. All I said was that your points of
cmake-generate Makefile's and non-project-files are not good arguments
for having the include-path resolver. The only good and perfectly valid
argument is that there's no other way currently to find out about
include paths.

Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.