KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Jun 26 09:20:18 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 02:29:01 Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2007, at 3:19 PM, Kris Wong wrote:
> > SVN commit 679743 by wongk:
> >
> > Ported IncludePathResolver from KDevelop 3.
>
> I'm not sure this will be/is needed anymore. The build systems should
> provide the locations to search for includes. We've added mechanisms
> to the build managers specially for this. Even the custom makefile
> manager should know how to at least parse the Makefile to get this
> information even if it doesn't allow editing it.
>
> Taking that information into account, are there other places where
> this might be used?
> --
> Matt

Yes, with files that are not part of any project, and for debugging the
build-system include-path computing algorithms.

So it stays useful, especially for free editing.

Also there currently is no build-system that returns include-paths. Another
question is how to reliably parse make-files to get the include-paths, in
many cases that might not be possible, for example with cmake-generated
makefiles.

greetings, David