Reorganizing the kdevplatform structure

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 13:09:17 UTC 2007

On 14.06.07 12:34:53, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 June 2007 12:06:33 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Now I can somewhat fix the bug by removing the Mainpage.dox from the
> > various lib-subdirs inside src (i.e. remove src/interfaces Mainpage.dox)
> > and merge the information into src/Mainpage.dox.
> I think that it is a very bad idea to have several mainpage.dox
> Especially because we only have one kdevplatform, so why have multiple
> Mainpage.dox ?
> It makes no sense to me.
> If the page is about VCS why sould it be called src/vcs/Mainpage.dox instead
> of vcs/vcspage.dox ?

Mainpage.dox is the description of each submodule of the KDE module. I
don't think vcspage.dox makes any sense here.

Also if we don't have Mainpage.dox the subdirs are not parsed by the
doxygen.sh script and thus no apidox are generated. If you want that to
be changed I suggest to talk to whoever set doxygen.sh up.

> > So I propose to remove src and put the various libraries directly into
> > the module, i.e. mv kdevplatform/src/interfaces kdevplatform/interfaces.
> Yes I agree with that.
>
> I'm plaing to update the webserver and to start providing API documentation
> updated every 3 hours, and I also plan to move the documentation on the wiki
> to the API, so that it is all concentrated in one location.

Well, the important bits are already in the apidox, see the
Architecture.dox file. The only drawback here is that for some reason
the \ref's in that page doesn't create links.

Apart from that: Why do you want to generate the documentation? Its
already generated on api.kde.org, so please just link to that.

Your present plans will be successful.