Future SIC/BIC changes on kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 6 17:00:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

we didn't discuss this yet: How do we want to go about SIC/BIC changes
on the platform? I wanted to work on the outputview (make it follow MVC
concepts) which would of course mean SIC and BIC changes in the
platform (I'd port the make-, qmakebuilder and svn usages)

I'm thinking that we may want to not follow kdelibs here for some time
because currently there are quite some things in "flux", for example the
duchain will probably go through some larger changes. Maybe until after
akademy and then SIC/BIC changes are only allowed on Mondays as with
kdelibs currently. That would also mean things that are BC and SC but
introduce new features and are done after a monday are not allowed to be
used until the next monday. For example adding a new class in util/ on
tuesday would mean KDevelop cannot use this class before the monday
after.

Opinions?

Your motives for doing whatever good deed you may have in mind will be
misinterpreted by somebody.