KDevPlatform Copyright

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 4 21:47:12 UTC 2007

On 04.06.07 16:34:06, Matt Rogers wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> >> Yes, LGPL or something more liberal, but compatible with.
> >>
> >> There was a problem in the old KDevelop, because it contained code
> >> from
> >> Qt, hopefully it isn't present anymore (I'm just recompiling
> >> everything
> >> including the new kdevplatform).
> >
> > The qt designer contains code from Qt, basically because we need it,
> > unless we want to reimplement that class which is hard without looking
> > at the original...
> >
> > BTW: KDevelop doesn't use the platform yet (thats why it still has
> > lib/), porting everything at once doesn't seem a good idea, because
> > its
> > quite an effort and I'd have to ask people to not commit in the
> > meantime...
>
> why don't you divide and conquer then and get people to help you port
> it.

Well, because I hope to do that locally on my harddrive without breaking
the compilation of KDevelop at all. Its not like its going to take days,
just that I need to do some other things on the side ;)

Plus not many people are actively hacking atm.

You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.