KDevPlatform Copyright

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 4 20:21:44 UTC 2007

On 04.06.07 22:37:01, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't yet check, but in case any of the files in kdevplatform/src
> > contain non-LGPL copyrights do those need to be changed to LGPL?
>
> Yes, LGPL or something more liberal, but compatible with.
>
> There was a problem in the old KDevelop, because it contained code from
> Qt, hopefully it isn't present anymore (I'm just recompiling everything
> including the new kdevplatform).

The qt designer contains code from Qt, basically because we need it,
unless we want to reimplement that class which is hard without looking
at the original...

BTW: KDevelop doesn't use the platform yet (thats why it still has
lib/), porting everything at once doesn't seem a good idea, because its
quite an effort and I'd have to ask people to not commit in the
meantime...

Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.