RFC: Draf for kdevplatform Announcement

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 4 16:16:14 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I just comitted the kdevelop/lib code to the new platform, so I think we
> should create an announcement mail and send it to the major kde/qt
> related development list (kde-devel, kdevelop-devel, qt-interest, any
> others)
>
> Here's a first draft, to be improved (I'm not that much of a writer ;)
>
> KDevPlatform Module created
> ---------------------------
> [snip]
> On top that it comes with a couple of useful and needed plugins that
> implement some of the interfaces and provide some basic functionality
> like a project view, cvs and subversion support, snippet plugin,
> displaying command output and a drilldown filemanager.

I would have said 'generic VCS support, currently with plugins for CVS
and subversion' (or something of that nature). That way we let people
know that we may support other VCS's and also subtly hint that we can
use developers to help with plugins for other VCS's :-).

--
Matthew
"In the beginning was the word, and the word was