REMINDER: Final review of VCS interfaces

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Fri Jun 1 19:40:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:56:57 Robert Gruber wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:38:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Deriving CvsJob from both our VcsJob interface-class and KJob isn't
> > possible.
> > >
> > > You cannot inherit from two QObject subclasses:
> > > [ 35%] Generating cvsjob.moc
> > > /home/kdedev/src/kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/cvs/cvsjob.h:87: Warning:
> > Class CvsJob inherits from two QObject subclasses VcsJob and KJob. This
> is not
> > supported!
> > >
> > > So I also vote for deriving VcsJob from KJob.
> >
> > Apart from the fact that I wanted to do that anyway: Why is VcsJob a
> > QObject subclass? Who added that? I guess thats local on your hdd right
> > (its not in svn).
>

> Well, I was wondering about that too. But it definitely has nothing to
> do with other changes I made to my local copy.
>
> I took a fresh KDevelop checkout and just applyed the changes from the
> attached patch-file and got the same error.

OK, now I'm completely confused!?!?!

I played around a bit, and it seams the error is related
to the order in which I inherit VcsJob and KJob.

While moc seams to crack up with this:
class CvsJob : public KDevelop::VcsJob, public KJob

everything is fine if I just switch the two subclasses to this:
class CvsJob : public KJob, public KDevelop::VcsJob

Anybody knows or can imagine the reason for this behavior?

Robert