REMINDER: Final review of VCS interfaces

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Fri Jun 1 18:56:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:38:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Deriving CvsJob from both our VcsJob interface-class and KJob isn't
> possible.
> >
> > You cannot inherit from two QObject subclasses:
> > [ 35%] Generating cvsjob.moc
> > /home/kdedev/src/kdevelop/lib/plugins/vcs/cvs/cvsjob.h:87: Warning:
> Class CvsJob inherits from two QObject subclasses VcsJob and KJob. This is not
> supported!
> >
> > So I also vote for deriving VcsJob from KJob.
>
> Apart from the fact that I wanted to do that anyway: Why is VcsJob a
> QObject subclass? Who added that? I guess thats local on your hdd right
> (its not in svn).

Well, I was wondering about that too. But it definitely has nothing to
do with other changes I made to my local copy.

I took a fresh KDevelop checkout and just applyed the changes from the
attached patch-file and got the same error.

Could you or somebody else please try to temporary apply the
attached patch to his local copy and tell me if you get the
same error? Or have I done something completely wrong?

Thanks,
Robert