Standard difference viewer

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 19:12:27 UTC 2007

On 25.07.07 21:31:08, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2007, dukju ahn wrote:
> > Apart from that, the main problem is that NONE of these programs
> > seem to be maintained actively.
>
> Well, that is a problem, but not that big as you think. There is a KDE3
> version that works. Now we can use that one as a runtime dependency. If
> it gets ported to KDE4 fine, if another application appears meantime,
> that shouldn't be a big problem as well.
> If it is still not ported and KDevelop 4 gets released, and KDE4 takes
> the role of KDE3 (which probably will not happen for some time), well,
> I don't know, we should look to alternative diff viewers (existing or
> write our own)...

You're all missing the point: Its not just a simple diff-viewer that is
needed. Also just a simple 3-way-merge tools is not very convenient. We
need something that integrates with KDevelop, thus a kpart or lib, not
running some program via KProcess. IMHO.

Tomorrow will be cancelled due to lack of interest.