Standard difference viewer

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Jul 25 18:31:08 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 July 2007, dukju ahn wrote:
> Apart from that, the main problem is that NONE of these programs
> seem to be maintained actively.

Well, that is a problem, but not that big as you think. There is a KDE3
version that works. Now we can use that one as a runtime dependency. If
it gets ported to KDE4 fine, if another application appears meantime,
that shouldn't be a big problem as well.
If it is still not ported and KDevelop 4 gets released, and KDE4 takes
the role of KDE3 (which probably will not happen for some time), well,
I don't know, we should look to alternative diff viewers (existing or
write our own)...

Andras