KDevelop 3.4.1 build error Linux/MIPS

Sunil Amitkumar Janki devel.sjanki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 19:58:34 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Uhm, the QWidget member is exactly the one that should be used. However
> it looks like you run make using -j with a number greater than 1, this
> may break as unfortunately autotools are not always able to calculate
> the proper dependecies. However in prfoileengine/editor/Makefile.am
> there's a workaround defined which should make sure that the
> code for the qwidget-derived profileeditorbase class is generated before
> attempting to compile profileeditor code. It seems this doesn't work on
> your system for some reason. The only solution is to not run make in
> parallel mode or find somebody who can fix the autotools buildsystem
> stuff.
>
> Andreas

You piece of advice seems to have helped since the current compile process
is already past that point now that I have removed all flags from the make
command. I still don't know why it works on x86 but not on mips but at least
it works now.

I'll see if this problem persists with KDevelop 4 in the KDE 4 time frame.
Thanks for your input on this because I hadn't thought of it before when
maybe I should have.

Sunil