KDevelop 3.4.1 build error Linux/MIPS

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 22 17:15:04 UTC 2007

On 22.07.07 18:35:38, Sunil Amitkumar Janki wrote:
> Please excuse me for cross-posting to kdevelop-devel, but
> nobody seems to read kdevelop-bugs so I have reposted to
> this mailing list:

kdevelop-bugs is a read-only list.

> I have ported Slackware 12.0 to the Loongson processor and
> have tried to build KDevelop many times without success. I
> even reinstalled my system from scratch yesterday to no avail.
>
> The system includes gcc 4.1.2, glibc 2.5 and KDE 3.5.7 which
> have been compiled and run fine. I have not managed to compile
> kdebindings yet because of the small amount of RAM in the system.
>
> The error I am getting is the the following:
> > profileeditor.h:30: error: expected class-name before '{' token
> > main.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
> > main.cpp:41: error: 'class ProfileEditor' has no member named 'show'
> > main.cpp:42: error: no matching function for call to
> > 'KApplication::setMainWidget(ProfileEditor*)'
> > /usr/lib/qt/include/qapplication.h:119: note: candidates are: virtual
> > void QApplication::setMainWidget(QWidget*)
> > make[4]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> > make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> > make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/kdevelop-3.4.1/src/profileengine/editor'
> > make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/kdevelop-3.4.1/src/profileengine'
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/kdevelop-3.4.1/src'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/kdevelop-3.4.1'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I have looked into the source code and class ProfileEditor has no
> member show indeed nor does any of the superclasses define it
> and QWidget defines it as virtual void.
>
> I don't know where to look for the solution but maybe someone
> knows how to solve this bug and get KDevelop running on Slackware
> MIPS.

Uhm, the QWidget member is exactly the one that should be used. However
it looks like you run make using -j with a number greater than 1, this
may break as unfortunately autotools are not always able to calculate
the proper dependecies. However in prfoileengine/editor/Makefile.am
there's a workaround defined which should make sure that the
code for the qwidget-derived profileeditorbase class is generated before
attempting to compile profileeditor code. It seems this doesn't work on
your system for some reason. The only solution is to not run make in
parallel mode or find somebody who can fix the autotools buildsystem
stuff.

Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout.