KDevelop UI

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Fri Jul 20 19:31:16 UTC 2007

Ok, to branch or not to branch is not a question ;)
Let's say that if you work on smth big and lengthy that is not
self-contained (aka plugin), you should better create a branch. It's
just as simple as that.

But... the whole idea behind proposed branching policy is to make sure
KDevelop is always stable (or at least usable). But I believe that
having a branch is not enough. When you merge your branch back, what
you usually know is that your new feature works. This means other
features might easily become broken. So IMHO what we need not to have
developer's branches, but rather we need to have (more) tests.