KDevelop UI

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Thu Jul 19 18:08:24 UTC 2007

Il giorno 19/lug/07, alle ore 19:34, Andreas Pakulat ha scritto:
> I agree that we should have the buttons to show/hide dockwidgets, but
> there's much todo with that example - apart from resizing there's also
> the problem of automatic closing of the dockwidget when you click into
> the editor area. I _hate_ that for certain toolviews.

heheh.. it's just a 500 loc little prototype ;-) but I'm sure it
won't take too much time to make it ready for real apps. I'll do some
more work on it later today. My current plan is:
   - more action based API. I think I'll start to use
QToolButton::defaultAction()
   - drag & drop (maybe with some nice effects. You know, like the
one I did for Qt Designer)
   - docking
   - animations
   - transparent views
   - eclipse-like views

> And the question is wether all that is doable with Qt's dockwidget and
> mainwindow without falling into the kmdi-trap.

I don't think this is a problem, Ideal doesn't need dock widgets. I
used dock widgets because I'm too lazy to use QStyle to draw the
decorations.

btw as I said before I will do some more prototyping today. Just let
me know what you would like to see in the final version. The license
is MIT.

ciao robe