CMake 2.4.7 available for download

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 17:24:35 UTC 2007

On 18.07.07 11:11:00, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 July 2007 11:33, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> What about the kdevelop generator, does it make color makefiles now?
> >
> > No, unchanged.
> > If you have a look at Source/cmGlobalKdevelopGenerator.cxx, you will find a
> > line
> >   this->ToolSupportsColor = false;
> >
> > Change this to true.
> > It would be nice if you could then go back in kdevelop history and find out if
> > there were problems with the colored output with previous versions of
> > kdevelop, and if so, at which version this changed.
> > I'm quite sure it didn't work at some point, and I don't want to "break" older
> > kdevelop versions for this.
>
> Oy... anyone have any idea when, if ever, this was a problem?

It doesn't matter wether it breaks any version older than 3.3.0 because
those are completely unsupported. Even for 3.3.x we don't offer active
support (we still host the code in branches/kdevelop because newer
kdevelop only works with KDE 3.4 or older).

And svn history doesn't show any changes that would indicate a fix for
coloured make output between 3.3.0 and now. There's one change though
that might accidentally fix it, the introduction of the ActionFormat
(introduced in April 2005, I doubt anybody using cmake is using such an
ancient kdevelop)

Maybe the change rather happened in cmake, i.e. in earlier versions it
didn't use isatty to check for a tty but instead always printed
colors?

Andreas

PS: Feel free to forward this.

--
Among the lucky, you are the chosen one.