KDevelop UI

Mathieu Chouinard mchouinard at mcrd.ath.cx
Wed Jul 18 17:23:25 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 08:12:36 Roberto Raggi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I remember some discussion about the KDevelop UI. I think the goal
> was to use a mixture of kdev3-ideal and eclipse UI elements. I
> compiled KDevelop today(I'm mentoring a SOC project, so I'm tracking
> the repository) and the UI doesn't really look like eclipse and for
> sure it is not using ideal. There is this huge combo box (that
> doesn't look great on mac), an iPod-like file browser(on my 20''
> monitor!? wtf :-) and a few docked widgets. I know that kdev4 is
> working in progress, but the UI looks ... well, very interesting ;-)
> do you have a mockup or something with the final UI for KDevelop 4? I
> mean writing an ideal-like UI with Qt is  500-1000 loc and if you
> don't want to use ideal you can write the main GUI using a [QK]
> MainWindow and some dock widgets, maybe 50 loc!?
>
> ciao robe

Roberto look here:
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4_UI
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Sublime_UI
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Sublime_User_Interface_Modus_operandi

Mathieu
--
The individual choice of garnishment of a burger can be an important
point to the consumer in this day when individualism is an increasingly