Adding QtDesigner custom widget plugin for KConfigXT

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:48:08 UTC 2007

2007/7/10, Adam Treat <treat at kde.org>:
> Then, in the plugin config widget you could have a 'set plugin env' drop down
> list and checkbox that will let the user choose a mandatory shell to use with
> said plugin/run/debug whatever.  If that drop down is disabled (the default)
> the plugin will use the currently set environent as found in the environment
> config widget.
>
> Same with your multiple run/debug actions.  Just let the user associate an
> action with a 'shell'.

While implementing that framework, I encountered technical problem.
We use KCModules and KSettings::Dialog. Can the changes in
one page be reflected into other page without reopening the config
dialogbox?

For example, in central variable config page (maybe "project general"),
suppose that user added a group named "debugconfig". And the user
switch into "MakeBuilder configuration" page and try to set the
"debugconfig" as a default variable setting.
Although "debugconfig" is saved into .kdev4 file, it is not reflected
in plugin config widget
because plugin widget has no way to be notified such changes.