kdev4 x86_64 build error

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 10 22:40:33 UTC 2007

David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. Juli 2007 02:06:36 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> Bernd Buschinski wrote:
>>> int = void*
>>> doesnt work on x64 because of the difference in size
>>> patch fixes typo/mismatch
>> Please note that if sizeof(void*) == sizeof(numeric type) is the
>> objective, 'long' does not satisfy this on Windows :-(.
>
> In this case it all doesn't matter, because the value is just an index in a
> not big array.

Right. That being the case, however, I share your confusion why this is
needed in the first place. If there is some odd reason that the numeric
must be sizeof(void*), then it would be good to understand that and to
know if it will bite Windows also (in which case using 'long' is not
sufficient).

--
Matthew
"What is a release plan, anyway?" -- Oswald Buddenhagen