Adding QtDesigner custom widget plugin for KConfigXT

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sun Jul 8 20:23:15 UTC 2007

On Sunday 08 July 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I think I'm missing something here. Where exactly are changes to
> environment settings needed? As far as I can tell that may be needed for
> running an executable (or debugging, which shouldn't differ from
> running) and for building a project.

They are needed for every external process that KDevelop or one of its plugins
will launch.  Say the QT_PLUGINS_DIR for the designer plugin.  Or the QTDIR
for the qmake plugin.  Or the debugger env vars for the debugger plugin.  Or
the env vars for the vcs plugins.  Or the ... [insert env var] ... for
the ... [insert plugin] ... that will come later.

It is really simple.  The idea was that the user would have the ability to set
all environment options in one place and all external processes of KDevelop
would use it.  Doesn't mean you still couldn't allow multi setups.

Anyway, it is up to you guys since I won't be coding it besides what is
already there, but as a user of KDevelop, I'd really like it if I could set
my environment once and be sure that all processes will use it.  Makes it
brain-dead easy for the user to understand what so and so plugin is actually
doing.