Local Project File [Re: Extending the IProjectFileManager interface]

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Jul 6 02:24:40 UTC 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Andras Mantia wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 July 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

>>> BTW, I couldn't find how to access the local file. It seems to be
>>> commented out now.
>>
>> Uhm, you don't access that file. You access the projects
>> configuration. And all changes done will be written to the local
>> file. This way using remote projects is completely transparent for
>> the plugins.
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear about the local file. Of course, I shouldn't care
> if the project was remote or not, and if the file I'm writing on is
> *exactly* the project file or a local copy of it.
>
> What I meant all above with the local file is the file that is not
> shared by developers. Do we still have this concept? I mean, in
> KDevelop3 and Quanta3 there is the project file and a project session
> file (yeah, this is a better name). Theoretically the project file
> contains only information that are relevant for all developers, while
> the session file is specific for the current developer. Propertis IMO
> can go in both files, as they might be shearable or not.
> So is such a session file now in KDevelop4? If not, I'd say we need to
> introduce one.
>
> Andras

There is such a file or even a set of file. We've introduced a .kdev4
directory where all things specific to an individual developers set
up should go. The .kdev4 directory takes the place of the single
project file. This means you can have a list of files or just one or
whatever fits your needs.
--
Matt