Future of teamwork plugin

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Jul 6 02:20:57 UTC 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 5:22 AM, Andras Mantia wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:
>>  The plugin stays where it is for now. We'll come
>> back and reevaluate it at a later date, when we're ready for a
>> release.
>
> And are you a dictator or who? And are we all stupid that don't
> like all
> those advanced C++ code and don't want to learn it?
>
> IMO what you said in all these mails is nothing worth and even rude.
>
> Andras
>
> --

I'm not a dictator. I'm the maintainer and I made a maintainer
decision. Is that a problem?

Am I not active enough to be maintainer because I'm not on IRC even
religiously?

And you're not all stupid for not liking all that advanced C++ code
either. However, moving a plugin solely for the reason that it has
advanced C++ code and other things you don't want to take the time to
understand seems silly to me. Sure, there are problems related to
advanced C++ code that tons of people understand. I won't deny that.
We have plenty of time to pull the trigger on a removal though, so,
to me, it's in our best interests to wait and see how things evolve.
--
Matt