Extending the IProjectFileManager interface

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jul 3 19:04:37 UTC 2007

On 03.07.07 21:10:05, Andras Mantia wrote:
>  we are discussing here with Jens the need of storing certain
> information for each file inside the project. One case in Quanta would
> be storing information about uploads (to the web server): when the file
> was last uploaded, should it be uploaded or not at all, should it be
> uploaded without asking the user for confirmation.

Such information should be included in the ProjectItem's.

>  Our idea was to store such information in the project configuration
> file (the "local" one if such exists now, not the one that is shared
> between users).

Yes, thats what the projectmanager does when importing the file.

> 1) Extend IProjectFileManager with the needed methods (probably
> something like writeProperty(ProjectItem*, key, value) and
> readProperty(ProjectItem*, key) ).

Why would this be needed? Those extra informations can be stored by the
projectmanager via obtaining the project configuration and write to it
the information you need to store. I don't see why this would be needed.

Of course this means duplicating such things among the various project
managers. So the question I'm really asking: Can you give me some
use-cases which wouldn't be easily possible without such (or similar,
like Alex said) API?

You'll be sorry...