Rework of the outputview interface

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Sun Jul 1 15:00:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

Andras and me are have been looking at the output view and do not understand
exactly how it is supposed to work.

1) In IOutputView we found a way to register a view but no way to remove the
view afterwards. We understand that you first have to register a view and
when you set the model the first time the widget is created and filled with
data. But how can a plugin remove its view when it is unloaded?
We have seen that a user can close a view but no other way to do this.

2) We wonder why the view id is a QString. Is there any reason to not to use
an integer for this? The code is actually incrementing a counter and
converting it to a QString.

Jens