KDev4 SDK Single or Multiple Projects?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jan 30 20:49:14 UTC 2007

On 30.01.07 14:14:06, Matt Rogers wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Richard Dale wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 30 January 2007, Jens Herden wrote:
> >> But what I would like to have is more than one language in one
> >> project. So
> >> that we could mix HTML and PHP and Ruby in one project together and
> >> KDevelop will load all the language support plugins together. This
> >> might be
> >> tricky because you would want to hide/show plugins according to
> >> the current
> >> language your document belongs to.
> > Yes, this is more important to me than being able to open two
> > projects at
> > once. I personally think that is more trouble than it's worth and
> > don't
> > really see the point.
> >

> Why do you think that? What can you provide to back up your statement
> that it "is more trouble than it's worth"?
>
> So far, the arguments against multiple projects is unconvincing.

Hehe, thats what I thought too, although I'm not so 100% sure about the
Ui (projectmanager for projects and files might get cluttered), I think
the underlying API shouldn't be too hard to do.

I already said this in this thread somewhere, I really like this about
eclipse, being able to work on different projects at the same time.
Maybe thats not so common in "full time jobs", but where I work as
part-time-job (its kind of a research facility) its really common to
work on multiple projects and thus easy/fast switching is really
important there.

You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.