RFC: KDevelop4 icons, what do we want/need?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 30 15:48:51 UTC 2007

Thanks to all for the feedback. With the changes listed below, is it OK
to hand this off to the Oxygen team now?

Changes:
Add 'clear all breakpoints' icon
Add 'resume' as '?' icon, mark 'restart' as '?'

On Tuesday, 30. January 2007 11:18, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> We also need icons for deleting one breakpoint and all breakpoints. I'm not sure
> if there's some stock icons already.

Is 'toggle breakpoint' no longer a toggle? I'm not used to 'add' and
'delete' (singular) being separate actions.

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I am working on a list of IDE-like icons to give to the Oxygen folk, so
> that KDevelop4 can have system-provided icons. Anyway, a few comments...
>
> For debugging controls, could VCR icons be used for run, break, stop,
> restart?

Ok, so I think what we are leaning towards, action-wise, is:

'Start' - Starts the debugger if not running. (Re)starts the program.

'Pause/Continue' - Should be obvious. :-) I guess a separate icon is
preferred, or can we re-use pause and perhaps have it change color to
indicate what action it will do?

'Stop' - Stops the programmer and the debugger.

...and then this (minus the step* actions) would be the complete list?

> This will go up at trunk/playground/artwork/Oxygen/docs. I'm attaching
> the current draft if anyone would like to comment. I'll commit in a
> maybe a day or two if no one comments.

...updated version attached

--
Matthew
"I like to think of it as 'unplanned dissonance'" -- A fellow chorister