KDev4 SDK Single or Multiple Projects?

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Tue Jan 30 02:49:26 UTC 2007

> I'd like to get feedback from the Quanta folks, do you need
> multiple-projects/app instance support? Would it be just a feature or
> something that users really need?

Quanta currently can only open one project per instance and I do not see a
need to have this. Personally I think it is confusing to have more than one
project in one GUI. And if you have two GUI's you can use two instances.
The only thing that should work flawless is to open a second instance with
another project, Quanta used to have problems there.

But what I would like to have is more than one language in one project. So
that we could mix HTML and PHP and Ruby in one project together and KDevelop
will load all the language support plugins together. This might be tricky
because you would want to hide/show plugins according to the current language
your document belongs to.

Jens