[Patch] Window history

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Sun Jan 28 18:27:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

The attached patch allows to popup a menu that has a list of documents, sorted
by visit order, just like the window manager ALT-Tab.
Usually CTRL-Tab is used has a shortcut but has it is a very busy shortcut in
KDE, CTRL[-SHIFT]-F6 was choosen for default (just like in Eclipse).

I don't know if this is useful for other people but I can tell it's very
useful for me. It's also a fact that several IDEs I tried have this
functionality: Eclipse, Netbeans and JDeveloper. In the browser league, Opera
also allows to switch to last visited tabs. All but Eclipse use
CTRL[-SHIFT]-Tab.

If you find this feature useful we can start to discuss the implementation.
In the meanwhile I'm a very happy user with my improved KDevelop :)

Paulo