branches/kdevelop/3.4/languages/cpp

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sun Jan 28 04:36:47 UTC 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 03.59.02 Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> SVN commit 627774 by dagerbo:
>
> New stuff: A useful basic type info display system in approx 60 lines of
> code - why don't we have this already?

OK.. this is a bit raw, but it's stable and already far too useful not to
commit.

What it does is leverage Davids code completion work to display the type of
the identifier currently under the cursor in the statusbar. For most things
it works amazingly well already. For some cases the type isn't computed at
all. Play with it a bit and it will quickly become apparent what works and
what doesn't.

In addition to hopefully fixing the failing cases, what we maybe need is to
figure out the display format (and implement it), what is currently displayed
is a bit unorthodox.

(David, I hope you're ok with me removing the diagnostic output you wrote to
the statusbar during parsing.. It interfered with the typeinfo and was, imho,
not all that useful to a user anyway.)

Btw (since it's code completion related), as of last night the type context
menu actually pops up when its shortcut is pressed (ctrl+alt+space) which is
quite handy in tandem with the type info display. Also, the code completion
based "jump to declaration" (ctrl+comma) and "jump to definition"
(ctrl+period) are now also wired up.

A little surprise for 3.4.1. ;)

// jens