RFC: KDevelop4 icons, what do we want/need?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 25 21:45:05 UTC 2007

On 25.01.07 14:20:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I am working on a list of IDE-like icons to give to the Oxygen folk, so that
> KDevelop4 can have system-provided icons. Anyway, a few comments...
>
> For debugging controls, could VCR icons be used for run, break, stop, restart?
>
> Should more autotools-related menus have icons? (distclean, configure, run
> autotools, etc.) What about 'make messages', 'make doc', etc.?
>
> Is there anything else (that isn't already in the system-wide icons) that
> needs/wants icons that I am forgetting?

I think this is much too early. We don't even have a shell around an
editor at the moment and we certainly don't know how our
project-management, file-management or any other Ui's will look like.

> This will go up at trunk/playground/artwork/Oxygen/docs. I'm attaching the
> current draft if anyone would like to comment. I'll commit in a maybe a day or
> two if no one comments.

Please don't our needs may change when we finally decided on how
KDevelop4 will work (or mattr finally gets around to write a wiki page
with his ideas), else we just duplicate work for the oxygen people.

You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.