The name of this project is KDevelop

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Sun Jan 21 17:38:45 UTC 2007

Hi Alexander,

Quoting Alexander Dymo <dymo at ukrpost.ua>:

> First of all, I'm really sorry if my reply will sound harsh.
> But after today's discussion at irc I don't think I can be
> as polite as usual.
Don't worry. In the 99% of the cases I'm very polite too. But today is
different :-)

> On Sunday 21 January 2007 18:31, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> "If you won't go my way, I'll go my way alone anyway".
> I don't believe this is how free (and not only) sofware development work.
> KDevelop project has a team and if you have ideas on the future
> of the project you need to raise the discussion. And you know,
> saying "I'll go my way anyway" doesn't help in discussions.

It doesn't look like it was a democratic decision. You decided to
rename it and you pretty much did it (without a vote). For instance,
search for koncrete in @kdevelop-devel
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&w=2&r=1&s=koncrete&q=b

You are using koncrete in the source code, so it is not a codename like
gideon, it is the name of *your* new project. BTW Yes, you are right! I
don't like the name. I don't like the current code base. So I won't
join the project. There is nothing wrong in it.

I'm sorry Alexander, I'm sure that this sound stupid to you and to the
other people reading this mailing list, but for me it is important. At
this point you can call it whatever you want without sending an email
to kdevelop-devel (like you already did it).

ciao robe