The name of this project is KDevelop

Mathieu Chouinard mchoui at e-c.qc.ca
Sun Jan 21 17:06:03 UTC 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 11:31, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to say a few things. First of all the name of this project
> is KDevelop. The name of the KDevelop Platform is (by definition)
> KDevelop Platform. I will be happy if in future we will have projects
> based on our platform, like eclipse has a lot of projects based on the
> eclipse Platform.
>
> If you don't like the name KDevelop Platform for the KDevelop Platform
> then we have a problem. It is sad but the problem has a very simple
> solution. We fork it. The interesting part is that I'm forking it, so I
> will probably have to use yet another name :-) We can say that the
> KDevelop Platform(at least the name) is pretty much dead. Isn't it
> funny?
>
> I started KDevelop 4 (together with Harald) in Ukrain, and I was very
> excited about it. I'm sorry I wasn't active in the last few months, but
> a lot of code there is based on my original work. I love that code and
> I love KDevelop. I don't want people to use different names (like
> koncrete?) for the KDevelop Platform.
>
> In a few weeks I will be an *active* Open Source developer (again).
> It's just too bad I disagree to much with you guys :-) I will take a
> look at Alexander branch in the next few weeks. I hope he (and the
> other developers) will understand the value of the name KDevelop, but
> if nothing will change (e.g. KDevelop public api using the Koncrete
> namespace, or our library with 202 files, ...) then I will start the
> fork. Feel free to send me an email if you are interested or if you
> want to join this new(possible?) fork.
>

> ciao robe

why not change the koncrete name to something like kdevelopbase is it ok
for you and we keep sublime for the name of the UI so that way everybody will
be happy and we can be productive and stop figthing over stupid stuff like
how I should name the  DOG
Mathieu

--
How many hors d'oeuvres you are allowed to take off a tray being carried by
a waiter at a nice party?