KDevelop4 architecture rework

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Sun Jan 21 14:49:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

Quoting Jakob Petsovits <jpetso at gmx.at>:

> On Sunday, 21. January 2007 14:52, Roberto Raggi wrote:
>> - The Koncrete namespace
>>
>> I know a lot of poople think that weird names for new KDE projects is
>> cool, but if you ask me this is 100% stupid. It is OK to have a cool
>> name for our code base(like gideon for KDevelop3), but do we really
>> have to use these cool names in our *PUBLIC API*!
>
> Afaik, this rename was done because lib/ is specifically _not_ only the base
> for KDevelop but at least also for Quanta, and I heard another project based
> on it is in the works. So this was done to get rid of the impression that
> KDevPlatform is for KDevelop only.

Just a little thing. The name of this project *is* KDevelop. If we will
have a platform the name of the platform will be the KDevelop
Platform(codename whatever you want for the release 4.0). BTW I don't
think Quanta will be based on KDevelop. Quanta is a great product, with
dedicated developers.
KDevelop4 is a broken platform that needs at least 1-2 years of work.
The Quanta project already has a good code base and a nice GUI. If we
want the Quanta guys to switch to KDevelop we have to show that
KDevelop is a good platform for Quanta. That means they will *evaluate*
the KDevelop Platform at the end of 2007.

Again, if KDevelop is not good for you then feel free to start the
Koncrete project. This *is* KDevelop!

ciao robe