KDevelop4 architecture rework

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Jan 21 14:29:18 UTC 2007

On Sunday, 21. January 2007 14:52, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> - The Koncrete namespace
>
> I know a lot of poople think that weird names for new KDE projects is
> cool, but if you ask me this is 100% stupid. It is OK to have a cool
> name for our code base(like gideon for KDevelop3), but do we really
> have to use these cool names in our *PUBLIC API*!

Afaik, this rename was done because lib/ is specifically _not_ only the base
for KDevelop but at least also for Quanta, and I heard another project based
on it is in the works. So this was done to get rid of the impression that
KDevPlatform is for KDevelop only.

Whether Koncrete is a cool name or not is another question. Yes, I think the K
looks awkward here and would maybe look better if it was just spelled like in
standard English. But that's not up to me to demand.