Builders in kdev4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 19 15:55:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

I wanted to ask this for some time now, but always got distracted. If I
understand the current API correctly for QMake, CMake or any other
buildsystems to work properly we need to implement a ProjectBuilder. For
example for qmake it would call qmake on certain occasions.

What I don't see at the moment: How to avoid code-duplication, I mean a
QMakeBuilder would only run qmake once per project or eventually on
special occassions, but normally its much the same as the existing
MakeBuilder. So how should this be working, subclass the MakeBuilder?
(it does provide virtuals so that would be possible) Link to it and call
its methods?

Andreas, who won't implement the qmakebuilder anytime soon, but as we
are discussing API at the moment ;)

--
Courage is your greatest present need.