KDevelop automake support... living in the past?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Jan 17 23:40:11 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 2:39 pm, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Every time I pop over to the autoconf list with some KDE question, I get
> beat over the head with 'why are you doing this, it was deprecated years
> ago?'. Is this a "problem" that people are generally aware of, or it AM
> just not being updated to track auto*'s deprecations?
>
> In this case, I am thinking particularly of the auto-generated files
> when making a new auto*-based project. (There are similar issues however
> in KDE's source distribution that I mentioned - to resounding silence,
> except from the autoconf side - on kde-devel.)
>
> ...Just wondering if there is a reason...

Because a lot of the stuff they're talking about probably didn't exist?
Because we use things that make it easier on the developer to write? Nobody
really knows. The KDE automake-based build system has been around since
forever, and as people have come and gone, so has their knowledge of how the
thing works.
--
Matt