Some questions regarding development for KDE3

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Jan 17 20:09:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 20:31, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.01.07 12:15:07, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > ...which reminds me, why doesn't KDevelop support tab rearranging, ala
> > Firefox, or at least ala Konsole?
>
> Because nobody implemented it and because kdevelop doesn't store it atm
> anyway (the order is the order of opened files)

KDevelop does support moving of tabs, the same way as konqueror (and pretty
much any tabwidget in KDE) does: MMB on the tab and drag.

> > > I don't know about others but I feel the ctrl-tab behavior is crucial
> > > to my productivity. I like to switch files like I switch windows in my
> > > (standard) window manager. If you consider this sensible I could post
> > > an issue into b.k.o...
> >
> > Given I /usually/ don't have so many windows that I can't see all the
> > tabs (are you not using the tabbed interface, btw?),
>
> Yes I am, Jens Dagerbo claims to have open 60 files regularly and thus
> cannot use tabbed mode, he uses the document list or quick open...

I agree that "ctrl+tab" is very confortable in that "other IDE" (pity KDE
stole all good shortcuts like that..) and I do miss it. What I do is remove
the tabbar and bind 'Back' and 'Forward' to alt+left/right.. that way I get
keyboard access to history in the same way as in a webbrowser, which feels
quite natural.

// jens